1. Reduction of paperwork: Al Madina should streamline its efficiency and speed of service provision by ensuring that no much paperwork is required in its procedures. Some of the procedures that require paper work and filling of manual forms should be eliminated from the service delivery chain.
2. Introduction of technology: For purposes of safe record keeping and reducing misplacement of some records, adopting the use of such technologies as digital storage devices is helpful in securing data for easy access. This will ensure that information is accessed fast enough to avoid documentation delays.
3. Employment of qualified staff: To also ensure better handling of documents, staff should be hired that are conversant with filing and data storage. Those who can use a computer in handling documents should be hired to enhance the competence of human resource.
4. Improving back office speed: The back office services that involve verification of documents and stamping have to be speeded up by reducing procedures and facilitating proper data storage that renders back of office operations fast.
5. Proper management practices: The management functions should be tightened to facilitated proper supervision that makes employees more accountable. There should also be a proper feedback system that assesses the feelings of customers that are then incorporated into the management plans for better service delivery.
A logistics company such as Al Madina has many management functions that require completed in order to facilitate speedy processing of customer requests and applications. Due to the many processes, there are many documents that are involved and that require to be verified by officers both in front and at the back of the offices. The major problem that causes documentation delays is the use of paper work. Employees do manual application that is usually through papers, filling of forms getting rubberstamps before handing them in for processing. The employees who participated in the research expressed their frustration due to the many papers they are made to fill, have rubberstamped and then deliver to offices that consumed much time. The reception of the same forms is slow, and the staff does not work in a fast way which adds to the delays. Some of the forms get delivered but are never forwarded until three to four days. The research was conducted in the company, and views collected from both staff and customers and the responses all point to similar issues in documentation delays.
However, the company seems to have realized the problem of documentation delays and has started implementing some solutions to streamline service delivery. One of the solutions is to use technology in some parts of the processing of documents. This will help reduce the handling of documents manually and cut on procedure. Besides the problem of displacement of documents may be solved if computerized accounting and filing are used. The streamlining of the back office operations would be made possible if the company hired more qualified and competent staff according to the observations of the researcher. This will enhance efficiency and help in boosting customer satisfaction with what Al Madina offers. The current delays at Al Madina are avoidable with proper planning and use of appropriate systems that are handled by qualified personnel. Expansion of services to accommodate the growing demand through use of warehouses among other facilities is also solutions that will help cut the long procedures of document verification.