Product: Lean Meat in Vegetable Collage
Raw materials, nutrients and properties
The raw materials required to prepare the vegetable collage are:-
The process to be followed for preparing the product comprises of the following steps.
- Firstly, salt, pepper and cinnamon is evenly applied in lean meat pieces. The pieces are then kept in whole wheat flour such that a uniform coating of whole wheat develops on the pieces of meat.
- Thereafter, the lean meat pieces are grilled in light heat.
- In a separate vessel, using 2 teaspoons of olive oil and lemon juice the vegetables- corn, spinach, carrots, cabbage, green and kidney beans are mixed together. This forms the vegetable collage.
- The lean meat pieces have to be added to the vegetable collage.
- Exotic herbs and spices are to be sprinkled on the dish to give the final product.
Food Processing and Nutrient Interactions
The ingredients blend well with each other and there are no concerns that arise due to the acidic nature of the sausage. The final product is a well mixed outcome of all the essential nutrients in balanced and proportionate amount. The lean meat pieces need to grilled or boiled instead of frying. This helps to restore their nutrient content. The whole wheat layer over the lean meat pieces will make it more attractive and enhance its taste. The vegetable collage involves mixing of the components without the use of heating. Thus, little or no interaction takes place among the components. The vegetable collage has a bright and colourful appearance due to the presence of differently coloured vegetables in raw form such as carrots, cabbage, kidney beans etc.
Quality Assurance and Preservation of the Product
- Low calorific value (1227.6 Cal.). Therefore, the product is ideal for people of any age.
- High nutrient content. The final product is a rich and diverse amalgamation of all the essential nutrients required by a normal person on a daily basis.
- Attractiveness. The final output gives a tasty and demanded food item which will enhance its attractiveness and consumption.
Given the presence of several spices, anti-oxidants and salt, the product will have a considerably high shelf life of about 6 months.
The high nutrition values as well as low calorie content of the product are the prime criteria that will trigger its marketing. Besides, the addition of exotic spices, herbs and acidic nature make it tasty and raises its demand. To further promote the product, advertisements in print and electronic media can act as powerful sources. Sponsorships in sports activities such as marathons at the local or higher levels will also boost its marketing.
Impact and future potential of the product
The reason behind preparing such a kind of product is to meet the growing requirements of the present day society. Therefore, it can be stated that in future the value and demand curve of a product will sharply increase. Also due to high demand, the production and manufacture of the product has to be kept in accordance. Lean meat in vegetable collage can act as an attractive yet healthy food.
Fiber, dietary. The world’s healthiest foods. Retrieved from http://whfoods.org.
Jegtvig, S. (2013). Weight Management: Follow a Low-Calorie Diet. About.com Health’s
Disease & Condition. Retrieved from http://nutrition.about.com.
Sandhyarani, N. (2011). Healthy diet for kids. Healthy Eating. Retrieved from
Stanley, C. N.d. Healthy diet ideas. ehow. ehow.com. Retrieved from http://ehow.com.