5. Supplementing rice, cereal, wheat flour (bread), and noodles with folic acid has been responsible for the 25 percent drop in neural tube defects.
12. The minerals on the provided label are sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese.
13. Highest DV is Manganese at 35%. This mineral is a type of trace mineral.
17. Magnesium affects the metabolism of potassium, calcium and vitamin D.
20. a) Iodine. The thyroid gland produces hormones important for metabolic processes. b) When a nuclear plant in Japan released radioactive forms of iodine, people took iodine pills to saturate their thyroids with ...