Medical Anthropology is considered one of the elements that make up anthropology and the study has been widely appreciated across the world. This field was founded by George Foster and Ben Paul. This field studies the health and diseases of individuals where the environment forms an interrelationship with the human health system. The main purpose of this paper is that the author of the article believes that the future of medical anthropology is to intersect with other fields.
The article discusses the future of medical anthropology. What is the future that the writer is talking about?
- Medical anthropology is expanding to other fields and interacting with other with other disciplines in the science department. Though medical anthropology has its roots embedded in the field of anthropology, it also draws from social sciences. Medical anthropology will be an interdisciplinary course that effectively interweaves with other fields in social sciences.
How is does medical anthropology evaluate tendencies of bioethics in favor of local moral consideration?
- It is important to note that bioethics examines both medicine and law in that there are medicines that can be fatal to the human body when ingested. Thus, professional bioethics is interested in the new forms of medical technology that can be used to cure certain diseases. Medical anthropologists can weave into the field by interrogating and evaluating some of the critical decisions made in favor for the local people.
- Bioethics professionals and medical anthropologists can also analyze a given country that suffers a given disease such as polio or malaria that is fatal for young children and also adults.
Medical anthropologists can save a number of lives through their study of the human body, diseases, and the external surroundings that generate fatal conditions for the humans. In the long run, the medical anthropologists can provide long term solutions to certain diseases around the globe.
How does ethnography relate to medical history in places such as Venezuela?
- Ethnographies help record some modern endemics across the globe. For example, Venezuela had an outbreak of cholera that claimed a number of lives. Thus, medical anthropology should be used to record such instances by evaluating the factors that brought the endemic attack.
- Ethnographies can also be used to enumerate some of the symptoms or the factors that cause the diseases by applying scientology to the practice. The genetic technology can be been used in the field of medicine to study some of the reasons why certain diseases develop in the body. For example, cancer is caused my genetic disorder in the body and can also be triggered by the environmental surroundings such as radiation. Medical anthropology can be an appropriate background to examine the environment that projects hazardous ingredients to the human body.
Why should medical anthropology be included in health-related research such as global public health?
- Global Public Health is an organization that is well funded and that Medical anthropology would be a counterpart in the organization because of the health disparities across the world. The poor can hardly afford to pay for medical services and medical anthropology can be used to study some of the health conditions that certain countries that are poor to help eliminate a given disease in the region or find a vaccine. In addition, medical anthropologists can study the root of the problem that causes disease in a given area and would eventually eradicate it.
- Medical anthropologists can analyze a given country that suffers a given disease such as polio or malaria that is fatal for young children and also adults. Medical anthropologists can save a number of lives through their study of the human body, diseases, and the external surroundings that generate fatal conditions for the humans. In the long run, the medical anthropologists can provide long term solutions to certain diseases around the globe.
How is fertility treatment a reflection of religious and social beliefs? Do you agree?
- Male sterilization or barren women in any culture are considered taboo and many couples seek reproductive help to establish or continue their kinship.
- Fertility treatment support God’s command for all “people to be fruitful and multiply to fill the earth (Kahn, 2006, p.41).
What are the conditions or principles that ought to be followed by orthodox Jews whenever they seek fertility treatment?
- For spiritual reasons such as the fact that the couple wants to fulfill God’s command to multiply and fill the earth.
- People can seek fertility treatment to reduce or ease the suffering of the couple because it is considered taboo to be married and have no children. Thus, couple can seek reproductive technologies to alienate suffering.
- The Rabbis believes that if a married couple has stayed together for ten years in a childless marriage, the couple can seek treatment to continue kinship by having a family.
How has bioscience been accepted in the field of religion?
- Biomedical science is one of the studies that have been appreciated by many people including some religious groups such as the Jews. The biomedical science field has helped many couples in solving their fertility problems. It is intriguing because both science and religion have intersected in the modern world, which reduces the gap between religion and science.