- Background Information
- People in gay marriages continue to be discriminated against despite the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- Thesis statement
- Gay marriages greatly contribute to the increasing prevalence of HIV/AIDS through the act of men having sex with men (MSM).
- Social factors and behavioral aspects raise the vulnerability of MSM to getting HIV infection. The HIV pandemic thus affects MSM disproportionately.
- There is strong pressure from many societies against gay marriages. As a result, many gay men marry women to conceal their real sexual orientation because the culture of the societies in which they live does not approve of gay marriages.
- This violates the right of individuals to the dignity of a human being.
- SEXUAL BEHAVIORS AND USE OF CONDOMS
- Many people in gay relationships do not use condoms in their sexual encounters.
- Some gay men have sex with women without condoms to cover up for their true sex orientations.
- The prevalence rate of HIV/AIDS has increased with the increased promiscuity and heterosexual relationships especially where no condoms are used.
- KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HIV/AIDS AND UTILIZATION OF SOCIAL SERVICE
- Studies have shown that majority of gay people are aware about the prevalence of HIV/AIDS.
- A good number of people have access to peer education and freely distributed condoms.
- FACTORS ATTRIBUTED TO HIV INFECTION
- A number of factors can be linked to higher risk of getting HIV infection using univariate analysis: infection of syphilis, being a non-local resident, lower education levels, and syphilis infection.
- People who received and continued to use condoms consistently condom in their previous sexual intercourse decreased the risk of getting an HIV infection.
- Restatement of thesis
Gay marriages or relationships expose MSM to a greater likelihood of getting HIV/AIDS and the situation is worsened when preventive measures are not taken when having sexual intercourse.
The UDHR should be upheld by all people in order to allow gay persons access good health care without social pressure against their behavior.
Good Example Of Research Proposal On Gay Marriage
Cite this page
United States Essay
Human Resource Management Essay
- Aids Research Proposals
- Gay Research Proposals
- Disease Research Proposals
- Viruses Research Proposals
- Relationships Research Proposals
- LGBT Research Proposals
- Vaccination Research Proposals
- Infection Research Proposals
- People Research Proposals
- Men Research Proposals
- Prevalence Research Proposals
- Sociology Research Proposals
- Intercourse Research Proposals
- Pressure Research Proposals
- Human Research Proposals
- Sexual Activity Research Proposals
- Human Rights Research Proposals
- Risk Research Proposals
- Stress Research Proposals
- Education Research Proposals
- Women Research Proposals