The (your agency) training material for Hotel Desk Clerk for calendar Date of 2nd -20th Month of February year 2010 will be on competency and general Familiarisation of the new recruit. The material will describe the objectives, the methods of teaching and evaluation.
Hotel Desk Clerk
Make and confirm reservations, welcome and register guests, Assign rooms, Answer guest enquires, Report problems, check out guests.
Objective of The training
Any new employee should be trained in accordance to the rules and regulation of the Hotel. There are basic and specific trainings accorded to each employee upon signing a contract with this company.
1. To state the methods in which guests are welcome and registered in the hotel
2. To know how to welcome and register guests
3. To elaborate the procedure of making and confirming reservations
4. To restate the mechanisms behind the assigning of rooms
5. To illustrate the general procedure of tending to quests
6. To distinguish how to relate to the quests and other members of staff
7. To demonstrate common hotel communication skills
8. To develop and set up mechanisms relating to unexpected problems facing the quests
Therefore this training Plan objective is to
1. Enable the employee to describe, to know and comprehend the general procedures involved in this company through subsequent teaching and orientation by the training officer.
2. Evaluate the employee at the end of the training program in relation to the employees objectives listed above.
There are four main teaching methods employed in this company. They include:
1. Self-training; this is where the trainee is given a manuscript of standard operating procedures to read about and learn the ways of the company. This creates a sense of familiarity between the trainee and the company
2. E-Learning ; this a way of self training where the trainee can use the internet learn more about the required duties that does not only relate to this company but relates to field at large, like law regarding fire and quest privacy.
3. Instructor-led training; this is the most used way t o teach trainees in this company. A supervisor is assigned to the trainer and every detail about the procedures related to his job description are relayed to him/her
4. Peer-training; involves training received from other staffs that may or may not relate to the trainees job description.
Training Time duration
The total time involved for the training is 18 days.
2nd -5th Feb the 1-2 days involve self- learning and E – learning
6th -7th Feb entails general orientation, introductions to staff and other departments
8th -16th Feb instructor led training and practical training
Making and confirming reservations,
welcoming and registering guests,
Answering guest enquires,
Checking out guests.
In that order
17th -20th Evaluation
Practical exam with supervision
Face to face assessments.
A pre /post list of questions can be put forward to help assess the validity of the training and the competency of the individual’s capability. After training session is over one can be evacuated through; a Practical exam with supervision, a Theory exam with question on the training and a Face to face assessment to establish the competency of the individual.