As a result of the rapid growth of our company, the use of internet communication is going to increase and as a way of ensuring an effective communication between all the employees, I wish to refresh you on the appropriate use of emails and text messaging within the organization. The policy is a way of ensuring a proper use of emails and text messaging by use if the company property. It is meant to provide all the employees with guidelines on the acceptable and unacceptable mails and phone usage.
All the employees should remember that:
- The use of email is restricted to business use.
- The nature of emails and text messages should be professional.
- Any form of harassing message is strictly prohibited. Employees should avoid sending any form of message with derogatory messages on gender, race or physical ability is prohibited.
- As a way of ensuring safety and privacy use of emails, all employees should log off their personal mail accounts and shut down their workstation computers always before leaving the organization.
- The company can monitor employee’s use of emails on occasional basis as a way of ensuring that they adhere to the emailing policies.
Other important do’s and Don’ts for every employee include:
- Always check the recipient emails or phone number before sending the message so as to ensure it is the appropriate recipient.
- Check your inbox regularly for any new messages to ensure efficient communication.
- Use simple and official language to avoid any conflicting views which could be interpreted as derogatory.
- Do not disclose fellow employee’s passwords or any confident messages.
- Do not download copy or print official messages without official authorization.
All employees should adhere to these policies failure to which may result to termination of your job. Contact your supervisor in case of any clarification.
Schinder, D. (2007). Creating and enforcing acceptable use policies. Retrieved from http://www.techrepublic.com/article/creating-and-enforcing-acceptable-use-policies/6063307