a) The purpose of ABC hospital policy document number 9 policy regarding HIPAA security standards.
The purpose of the document is a reflection of ABC hospital commitment in ensuring that all its employees have appropriate authorizations for accessing ABC hospitals electronic health systems. The purpose of the document is to ensure that health facility has reasonable and the suitable administrative safeguards that establish the foundation for the protection of electronic health information of patients at the facility.
b) The two documents that employees must sign at ABC hospital
The two documents that employees at ABC hospital must sign are i) the confidentiality policy all employees have to read and sign that they have read and received the policy and sign the confidentiality agreement. Ii) Employees must complete the condition of employment form that states that they have understood their responsibility for the protection of their confidentiality of electronic health information at ABC hospital.
c) The checks that new employees at ABC hospital need to undergo are,
- Character references , confirmation of academic and professional certificates
- Professional license validation
- Criminal background check
- Office of the inspector general database check
d) Which personnel at ABC Hospital are responsible for determining the security responsibilities and the level of supervision for each position?
The human resource department and the hiring manager of ABC hospital must also identify and define both the level of supervision and the security responsibilities for each position at the hospital.
- The policy does not mention sanctions
HIPAA case Questions
- HIPAA rules followed. Health Practitioners can share protected health information for medical purposes.
- HIPAA rules followed.
- HIPAA rules not followed. HIPAA rules require the safe storage and disposal of documents containing personal health information
- HIPAA rules followed. HIPAA rules does not prohibit the visitors from signing in at the front desk provided they do not get a chance of accessing personal health information HIPAA rules also do not prohibit the wearing of badges by health practitioners.