The various services offered by Air Asia include:
- Flight booking services .
- Low fare finder .
- Customized travel .
- Inflight comfort services .
- Island and City Transfers .
- Travel insurance .
- Airport bus ticketing service in Malaysia region .
- Tune Talk Sim card in the Malaysia region .
- Fly thru service .
Fly thru service offers convenience to customers as it allows customers to connect seamlessly on multiple flight legs . Customers need not go through the security checks while connecting with other flights when they use this service .
Non-customers include customers that are about to turn away or are at present not served by the brand . There are three levels of non-customers, which include:
- First tier customers who use the industry offerings minimally and look for better opportunities and switch when they get better options .
- Second tier customers include those who refuse to use the industry offerings .
- Third tier customers have never thought about the industry offerings .
The non-customers for Air Asia included government officials, people living in rural areas, students and fresh graduates who were unable to buy expensive air tickets . These non-customers were attracted towards Air Asia by its low cost offerings and services such as airport bus ticketing and travel insurance services offered by the airline.
Air Asia has improved the various utility levels of the buyer experience cycle through the following strategies:
- Elimination of over the counter booking system and seating class booking system .
- Creation of online booking systems and fly thru services to offer convenience to customers .
Future Strategies for Customer Intimacy
Air Asia must adopt service differentiation, product augmentation, personnel differentiation and customer relationship management practices to attract customers. Various customer loyalty programs and customer retention programs can be implemented by the airline for building relationships with customers.
Air Asia. (2014). The Beginner's Guide to Air Asia: Our Offerings. Retrieved from Air Asia: http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/about-us/our-offerings.page
Blueoceanstartegy.com. (2014). Noncustomers. Retrieved from Blueoceanstartegy.com: http://www.blueoceanstrategy.com/concepts/glossary/glossary-noncustomers/
Driscoll, L. (2011, February 9). Air Asia’s new “fly thru” service to offer passengers convenient connections. Retrieved from TerminalU: http://www.terminalu.com/travel-news/airasias-new-fly-thru-service-to-offer-passengers-convenient-connections/4991/
Kim, W. C., & Mauborgne, R. (2005). Blue Ocean Strategy: From Theory to Practice. California Management Review, 121.
Wijiseri, L. (2013, April 22). From Crisis to Sustenance: Blue Oceans are possible in the era of rapid transformation. Retrieved from Dailymirror.lk: http://www.dailymirror.lk/business/features/28402-from-crisis-to-sustenance--blue-oceans-are-possible-in-the-era-of-rapid-transformation.html