China’s full country name is the People’s Republic of China lying on a land area of approximately 9.6 square kilometers, which is its mainland alone. The country’s capital city is Beijing-with, a population of approximately 13.8 million people. Overall, the country’s mainland has a population of around 1.25 billion with a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per head of US$ 3600-indicating a growth rate of 7.8% (China-travel-tour-guide.com). China's composition has 56 tribes with the Han people contributing to 91.02% of the total population while the other 55 minority ethnic groups occupy the remaining 8.98% (China-travel-tour-guide.com). Various ethnic groups typically follow different religions. The country has around five religious groups with Islam, Taoism and Buddhism being the major three. Protestantism and Catholicism control fewer but firm believers, though. The official Chinese languages are Putonghua (referring to the typical Chinese language) and Mandarin, which also happens to be one of the United Nation’s five functional languages. China is the second leading country on trade-behind only the US. Its principal imports include electrical and machinery, medical and optical equipment, mineral and oil fuels, motor vehicles, and metal ores. On the other hand, primary exports include data processing equipment, textiles, telephone handsets, integrated circuits, apparel, electrical and other types of machinery(China-travel-tour-guide.com)
For a long duration now, the country has been engaging in the Middle East’s energy industry. The latest events such as energy revolution and geopolitical dynamics, alongside oil price fluctuations in the global context, and concerns surrounding the reduced influence by the US in the Middle East, might create the avenue for China to shift both its diplomatic and commercial engagements in the region ("International Affairs").
In conclusion, China has a well-established economic power earned through its expanded trade across the globe together with its capacity for innovation. Again, the country is good at developing deals, strategies, policies, and operations within and outside the nation. That ability is an aspect which keeps it realizing its goals and targets.
China-travel-tour-guide.com,. "About China - Basic Information On China". N.p., 2016. Web. 3 Feb. 2016. http://www.china-travel-tour-guide.com/about-china/
"China and the Middle East in a New Energy Context." Chatham House. Web. 03 Feb. 2016. https://www.chathamhouse.org/event/china-and-middle-east-new-energy-context/