Inset your name
Temporary help assignments, the Temp-to-Perm Employee
“Temporary help assignments, the Temp-to-Perm Employee”, provides astonishing finding on how it has been very difficult to find suitable work nowadays. According to the article, this has resulted due to the overwhelming extreme competition in the job market. As a result of this, many expatriate and perturbed workers have been forced to turn to temporary agencies (Balducchi, Eberts, and O'Leary, 2004).
The article explores how many individuals in the recent past have lost their jobs as a result of the tremendous economy slowdown. Many of these workers even after trying with numerous agencies, some of them still remain jobless. This is because some of these organizations do not have enough temporary jobs they once had. According to this article, the main reason why these agencies have subcontracted, downscaled and do not require many workers is because they do not have money to pay its people (Balducchi, Eberts, and O'Leary, 2004).
This article argues that those people who have been lucky to have found jobs through temporal agencies are happy that they at least have some income coming in; however, they are not fully contented working for a temporal agency. Hence, there are several advantages and some disadvantages of working in a temporary agency. According to this article, for those people who have not worked for a temporary agency in the past, there are several things that they need to know. We will go through some of the advantages and disadvantages of doing temporal help assignments (Martinez, 2006).
What I have learned from the article
After reading this article, there are several things that I have learned. First, there is a need to have a good education and nice credentials. The main reason why many people go for the temporary help agencies is because they lack good credentials that will earn them a good job. Secondly, people need to take temporary help agencies as side hustles. They should, therefore, be looking for permanent jobs while doing self-help assignments.
1. One can easily apply for the job online – Today temporary help assignments are easy to apply online and be able to access most of the available temporary agencies.
2. Temp to perm – one may end up getting a permanent job while doing the temporary help assignments.
3. Learn new skills- when one is working for a temp agency he or she has an opportunity of learning new skills and thus adding their newly acquired skills in their recommences.
4. Earn while looking for a permanent job - one can be doing temporary help assignments while still looking. People need to bear in mind that they are working on a temporary basis, and they should, therefore, actively continue to look for a suitable job opportunity.
5. Showcase your talents – while doing temporary help assignments, one should take advantage of chance and showcase his or her remarkable talent.
1. Short-term assignments – it is very hard to predict when the work will end while working in temporal agency. This to mean that your work can be terminated any time with a very short notice.
2. No work available – sometime it is very frustrating when you call looking for a job only to be told there is no job that is available at that particular time. This might go on for day, weeks or even months.
3. No benefits - several agencies do not give their workers any benefits. Conversely, some agencies prefer giving small benefits after someone has worked a given duration of time. These benefits can also be very small and thus costly to the worker.
Two Help agency addresses
1. American Staffing Association
P. O Box 31642
Albuquerque NM 86112
2. ABLE Associates
1541 Pleasant St
Fall River MA 32125
Balducchi, D.E., Eberts, R.W., and O'Leary, C.J., 2004, Labour Exchange Policy in the United States. New York, NY, Kogan Page.
Martinez, J., 2006, The Human Marketplace: An Examination of Private Employment Agencies (Transaction 1,976)