Group 8 Week 10 Outline (Walker 1997)
Complaints against the Police: A Focus Group Study of Citizen Perceptions, Goals, and Expectations
- What do the citizens want to accomplish with their complaints against the police?
- Does the law enforcement citizen complaint process accurately address the citizens concerns?
- Citizen complaints against Police misconduct
- Law Enforcement misconduct is a prevalent issue in America.
- Civil Rights groups such as the NAACP and ACLU complain that minorities are victims of repeated extreme physical and verbal abuse by the police
- African Americans are less likely than White’s to have their complaints addressed.
- Continue reading...